Thursday, May 6, 2010

Social Networking 3

I chose to explore a very interesting social networking site called goodreads. This site caught my eye as soon as I saw that it had personal reviews on books, and even an area where you can swap books between one another over the internet. I love to read and I would call reading a hobby for me, so this website really caught my eye. From the ease of creating an account to the user friendly layout of the pages, this site was a breeze to navigate and really opened my eyes to a new way to see reviews before you get a book, and also to swap books you are no longer reading for another book you would like to read. I am excited that I won’t have to buy all the books I want to read anymore, knowing that I can use this social networking site to swap and exchange. If I had to change anything about this website it would be the fact that they almost had to many options of other things to do. I would like a book club social networking site that dealt solely with books and did not include the games and trivia that other sites do, but since this portion is so minute within the overall site, I was easily able to get past what I wasn’t going to use and focus on what I needed!

1 comment:

  1. If you want another one that is similar, take a peek at LibraryThing.com. Once a month there are novels made available for you to review for free - if you are among the lucky random winners.

    ReplyDelete